Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Hire of Recreation Road Sports Centre
The hirer has to undertake to comply with the Sports Centre’s general terms and conditions of use and accept the conditions as set out below:
- To pay the Sports Centre fees in accordance with the scale of charges.
- Payment is required in advance unless otherwise agreed. N.B. New groups will be expected to pay in advance after a continual three month period of bookings.
- Bookings are not confirmed until all payments required in advance are received.
- To only use the facility for the agreed purpose as stated at time of booking.
- Understand that best practice includes having a trained first aider on site for each session and offering users the opportunity to provide the club with their medical history.
- To vacate the facility at the time specified on the booking sheet.
- To ensure that those using the facility remain within the hired area of the premises.
- All cancellations must be made in writing and unless otherwise specified, a charge will be made for cancellations at the following rates:
Less than 48 hours – full price
Less than 14 days – 50% of full price
Less than 1 month – 25% of full price
- It is the responsibility of the Organiser to ensure that all members are aware of emergency procedures.
- All users must act in a responsible manner with due regard for the safety of themselves and others at all times.
- All users must act in a responsible manner with due regard for the Sports Centre’s equipment and facilities.
- It is the responsibility of the Organiser to ensure that adequate supervision for the activity is in place.
- Only equipment that is specified at the time of letting is used. Furniture shall not be moved by the hirer except by arrangement with the Site Manager at Parkside School or his representative.
- Equipment is used for the purpose for which it was designed.
- All furniture or equipment moved by prior arrangement is to be replaced at the end of the period of hire.
- Only sports footwear with non-marking soles to be worn in the hall.
- No football boots to be worn in the building.
- No food or drink to be consumed in the hall.
- Emergency exits, fire extinguishers, alarm points are not obstructed.
Adequate walkways are available to allow free and easy access. No gas cylinders or canisters are used inside the premises. Combustible materials are not placed adjacent to heat sources.
- Flammable and/or hazardous substances are not to be used.
- Arrangements have been made to ensure the premises are secured at the end of the letting period if appropriate.
- Nails, tacks, screws etc., shall not be driven into, or adhesives fixed to walls, floors, ceilings, furniture or fittings and no decoration of any kind shall be put up.
- Footwear likely to damage the floors is not to be worn.
- Litter and property belonging to the hirer or his servants or agents, is to be removed by the hirer at the end of the period of hire. Any costs incurred in removing these items will be paid by the hirer.
- Alterations to lighting or heating systems are forbidden other than with prior agreement.
- To park in designated areas, leaving access for emergency vehicles.
- Please note that this is a NO SMOKING SITE.